Thursday, January 7, 2010

Bought friend's 00 Grand Am 67K. Synt oil every 3500 no accidents. What should I do to service it? Shocks?

I've never bought a used car from a friend before. He's a good guy and very meticulous. No major work to the car. He had a new ignition put in when the old failed and a new stereo when the old went out. Other than that no problems? Any concerns or precautionary work I should do?Bought friend's 00 Grand Am 67K. Synt oil every 3500 no accidents. What should I do to service it? Shocks?
67k miles i would get a full trans service its req at 60-70k miles.trans filter and 100% flush it be about 100$. Look at the brakes and see if he had a new air filter/spark plugs and wires.shocks maybe if the alignment is off but a good tire place could tell ya.But 60k miles is very good miles.Bought friend's 00 Grand Am 67K. Synt oil every 3500 no accidents. What should I do to service it? Shocks?
I would say at least wait until 10,000 miles to change that synthetic. I work at a BMW dealership servicing cars, and we only change our castrol 5w30 synthetic oil evey 22,000 miles on cars. I think youll be safe.
  • hidden myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment