Thursday, January 7, 2010

I have a 1999 grand am and all my service lights are on. When I get my oil changed just that light goes on?

When the oil needs to be changed the oil lamp should light. If all your lights are on you may have a problem in the computer or more than likely it is a problem with the lights in the dash. Take it to the dealer or a real good mechanic who knows electrical. They should be able to run a diagnostic check on the computer. This will tell them what you need to do.I have a 1999 grand am and all my service lights are on. When I get my oil changed just that light goes on?
Your check engine light will stay on after an oil change if your odometer has passed your limit for an overhaul on your car,Usually 50,000 miles, and 100,000 miles. When you take your car to be serviced they will hit a switch to turn off the lights.Hope this helps.I have a 1999 grand am and all my service lights are on. When I get my oil changed just that light goes on?
If your service lights are on that basicaly indicates a problem. If you just had the oil changed I would go back to the auto shop where you had it done and ask them to check if they had to disconnect anything when making the oil change which I would find highly unlikely. It is better to be safe than sorry. Check your oil and pay attention to the two different markings on the stick for hot and cold. Most definitely get a diagnostics check for all your sensors. There are a bunch of sensors through out your car that would make your check engine light go on. To find out exactly which are those reporting a problem you will have to go to the shop there is realy no way around it. Expect to pay between 50.00 and 60.00 dollars for your peace of mind unless your car is under warranty. Good luck and I hope you figure this out. It is always stressful when your dealing with the unknown.
if your oil light is on after oil change - check oil before driving - they might have left plug loose or filter loose - see if there is any oil under car --- bring back to where you had oil changed --- do not drive car without oil
you lost me on that question. Could you be a bit more specific???
2

No comments:

Post a Comment