Thursday, January 7, 2010

Car service lied about changing transmission oil? ?

I recently went to get my oil change and they recommend that I change my transmission oil too. The Tune-up place show me how the transmission oil should have a red liquid color not brown. However, after a 6 days I checked the transmission oil and it is still brown. I wasn't sure but I went to get my State inspection, they recommend me that I change my transmission oil. Without a doubt, I been trick. I called the Tune-up place but they said it my problem. Please advice me what to do with this situation?Car service lied about changing transmission oil? ?
don't get me wrong. im not defending the service place. especially with a response like that. but listen when one gets a trans service their is two kinds. one is dropping the trans pan, changing the filter and oil in the pan. the other is using a pressure fluid exchanger machine. now the difference is the first way old fluid stays in the tork converter. so old fluid combines with the new fluid. making it look like it never got changed. the second way all fluid in the trans including the tork convert gets flushed and gets new fluid. so it stays red for a good amount of time. but if the repair shop was a reputable,professional,and had any integrity they would have explained that to you. you can try a complaint with the B.B.B. but trust me they are usually not much help. or contact a news person. in my area its called 3 on your side NEWS CHANNEL 3. those people usually help. maybe theirs something like that in your area. look it up so you know exactly what im talking about. businesses need to be held accountable for bad practice. 1 dollar 1000 dollars it don't matter. this is coming from a retired auto pro.Car service lied about changing transmission oil? ?
1 out of 3, either the place is a scam (most car service technitians are), and they did the service wrong, up to, but not eclusive to the wrong kind of transmission fluid. 2, there's something wrong with the transmission, wich is gotta be fixed. Or 3, you need to replace the transmission, wich I doubt if isn't leaking.
go back to the place and demand your money back.if the repair was just done recently then the fluid should still be red color.period!Also you don't want to change fluid in a transmission if the mileage is high,reason being is transmission fluid is very high in detergent.if the new fluid is installed,this can wash away any debris around internal valves and will cause the transmission to fault or damage.ALWAYS TRY TO FOLLOW YOUR SERVICE INTERVALS,THIS WILL SAVE YOU MONEY IN THE LONG RUN!! I know its expensive but this will save your lots of money down the road.If the shop refuse to reimburse your money,call the better business bureau and file a complaint.
Ugh, that stinks...Tell them your going to call a lawyer and the police and contact the local town office. They will change it after you tell em that..Heck it aint that big of a deal for a shop to change it, Good luck with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment