Thursday, January 7, 2010

I got a bmw 325i at 64,000 miles.It has clocked 93000 now.I have done just oil changes.Is any service due ?

You should pay attention to the service indicator. It will tell you when the next oil service or inspection is due.





You didn't say what year your BMW is.





All 3 series BMWs should have a brake fluid flush every 2 years. If your 325i is over 2 years old, take the VIN to a BMW dealer and have them pull up the service history. They can tell you if the car is due for the service.





Cooling system drain and refill depends on model year. Yours may need it done.





Most 3 series BMWs should get new spark plugs and oxygen sensor at 100,000 miles.I got a bmw 325i at 64,000 miles.It has clocked 93000 now.I have done just oil changes.Is any service due ?
Least, I would service the spark plugs.





Bare minimal, I would check out that plastic radiator neck. If it snaps, the car would over heat. This is how most of BMWs go - over heated engine causes cylinder head to warp, head gasket leaks, and runs several thousand dollar repair bills.I got a bmw 325i at 64,000 miles.It has clocked 93000 now.I have done just oil changes.Is any service due ?
I would suggest a timing chain soon. Engines are expensive.
was the timing belt changed at the time you bought it? I would change the belt and water pump, flush the block and radiator,, and change fuel filter, run some fuel cleaner in tank, change the plugs and air cleaner, I have over 280K on all my bmw and I have three of them
/ You might want to have the transmission fluid changed.





The transmissions are not long lasting on BMW's.
Ok if it is an e30 then the timing belt needs changed every 60,000 miles if it is an e36 the look at your radiator, inspection 1 and 2, look at the owners manual. a good investment for these cars is a Bentley maintenance manual.

No comments:

Post a Comment