Thursday, January 7, 2010

On my '96 Chev Blazer, how do I reset '; service engine soon'; light, I just changed oil on it?

Run your truck past your local auto parts place and have them put a code reader on it. It's free. They can also clear the codes for you. This will let you know if you have an ongoing problem or just a take to dealer issue.


If you do the battery thing make sure and take off the negative first and put the positive on last.On my '96 Chev Blazer, how do I reset '; service engine soon'; light, I just changed oil on it?
well i'm from minnesota i just ingnore itOn my '96 Chev Blazer, how do I reset '; service engine soon'; light, I just changed oil on it?
if the light came on after you changed the oil, you did something wrong. Other than that it came on for a reason, you need a code reader to find out what the code is than diagnose the problem from there. Clearing it will not resolve the issue. On 96 and newer vehicles, the systems are called OBD 2. The service engine lights come on when there is an emissions related issue.
Service engine soon light has nothing to do with sevicing your vehicle in any manner.....its a system light that was designed at a certain mileage to come on and be taken to your dealer.....and they will most likely be the one to turn it out unless someone else knows the trick to tell you how !!!Doesnt indicate you have a problem or needs serviced !!!
disconnecting the battery will clear the codes from the computer. but you should have the computer read to see what codes are in it before you do this. auto zone has code readers
turn your key on and press your gas pedal 3 times within 10 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment