Thursday, January 7, 2010

Service Interval/oil change?

I am looking to buy a car for my mother.


I have found a 1992 corolla automatic at a reputable toyota dealer.


The car has only done 67000km.


My question is as follows:


The cars last service was at 60 000km in 2002 (I **** you not).


I am not sure if the oil has been changed since then, as it has only done 7000km since then.


Could this have caused damage?Service Interval/oil change?
Have the dealer do an oil/filter change, good idea to replace brake fluid and have a tranny flush, then you'll be good to go. Obviously the car has been parked and if they are going to do a certification to make it road ready then they would have a look at the brakes as the rotors may be rusty. Should be a great car for your mom.Service Interval/oil change?
Yes'; Valve Guide seals,not to mention sludge in oil pan, a car was made to drive, as to oil change %26amp; oil filter 3000 miles%26lt;If you are driving short hops,ever 2 months/to answer your question/yes the 4 yrs it has been parked,would have my focus.


I would need to drive this car 100 miles to Evaluate .
although its not a good practice to stretch out the oil changes it probably didnt do any harm ,esp if a good quality oil was used.are there any noises or performance concerns,if not i think you will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment