Friday, December 18, 2009

Can I service my audi at a normal oil place or do I have to take it to the dealership?

I just recently purchased a 2007 Audi A4. This is my first luxury car and I am not familiar with the difference in up keep. If you have any tips that will help me, such as maintenance, warranties(regular and extended), and other things I should know I would greatly appreciate it. thanksCan I service my audi at a normal oil place or do I have to take it to the dealership?
Audi requires approved engine oils as per VW502.00.


If the engine ever has problems you need to prove Audi that the required engine oil has been used.


If you do have the 2.0 liters 4 cylinders turbocharged you need to know that the oil filter is not a cartridge type but an element one. Normal oil places might not be familiar with that.


An oil and filter change at the Audi Dealer costs about 80 dollars but you need to do it only every 10,000 miles or 1 year so it is not so different tha changing the oil 3 times at 25 dollars a shot.Can I service my audi at a normal oil place or do I have to take it to the dealership?
If it has the factory warranty then take it to the dealer cause if something goes wrong and you did the maintenance yourself or by a quickie lube (doesn't exist, but you know what i mean) and something goes wrong they wont cover it or give you a hard time. GOOD LUCK
If you do go to a regular garage make sure they know to put in fully synthetic as many people have no idea that it is required. Call up the dealership to verify that you can have maintenance done at a non-dealer shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment