Saturday, December 26, 2009

Should I get my car's oil changed at 3,000 miles or the service date?

If a car is not driven a lot and the service date has passed should the oil be changed or wait until the 3,000 mile mark is hit?Should I get my car's oil changed at 3,000 miles or the service date?
don't worry about the date you should change your oil anywhere from 3,00-4,000 milesShould I get my car's oil changed at 3,000 miles or the service date?
the reason they give you 3 months or 3000 miles is because after 3 months or 3000 miles the oil starts to break down. trust me you dont want this to happen. my girlfriend went up to 7000 miles on an oil change and the oil started to turn to water due to lack of change. we had to have the engine flushed and that was around 100 bucks. if i were you i would buy synthetic oil or try the 5000 mile oil. it gives you 5000 miles or 5 months between changes. its well worth the money and effort to change your oil every 2500 miles or 2 and a half months. thats what my family does and our cars run great. even though you havent hit 3000 miles, the oil is now bad if it sat for 3 months or more. i would change the oil but the filter should still be ok.
If it's a newer car still under the power train warranty, I would do as the owner's manual says to do (what the dealer says to do). If it's an older car I would use synthetic oil and change it once a year or at 9,000 miles whichever comes first. http://www.mobilone.com
I wouldn't let it go longer than 1 year. I have a customer that gets her oil changed yearly. she drives about 1,500 miles a year
as long as it's not a long time, maybe a couple of months, there's nothing wrong with waiting until it gets around 3,000mi
stay with the 3000

No comments:

Post a Comment