Friday, December 18, 2009

Do I need to pay to get a 30K mile service on my car or just keep getting oil changes?

I have a 2006 Toyota Sequoia. I get the oil changed every 3K miles and recently just changed my oil filter. Do you recommend I get the 30K mile service? Thanks!Do I need to pay to get a 30K mile service on my car or just keep getting oil changes?
It depends on what they are offering, and at what cost. I have seen some of these services run $500 and it is really a multi-point inspection, with only minor items being replaced.





Ideally in your manual or seperate booklet that came with your car will detail a schedule of maintenance items. That is a real good guide of what you should consider having done as your mileage adds up.Do I need to pay to get a 30K mile service on my car or just keep getting oil changes?
Are you crazy? Not changing the oil filter with an oil change is very bad. You must replace the filter with every oil change. Look in the owner manual and follow the maintenance schedule. Fuel filter and other fluids need to be serviced.
keep all receipts for warranty purposes. get a copy of the 30k service menu and do the hot button service items. at 55k if your transmission fails and you never changed the fluid or did the services then the manufacturer will void your warranty.
Yes, you really should do the 30000 mile service..It will include changing the transmission fluid and strainer and flushing the transmission..That is very crucial..You need to change the oil filter every time you change the oil..If you dont you are just placing those contaminants into your new oil..





It dont mean it has to be done at the Toyota dealer, IF you have a REAL GOOD mechanic that you can trust to do it right..





Keep all reciepts!
You should change the oil filter every time the oil is changed.


I would reccomend getting the 30,000 mile service. So if something is wrong they can catch it and fix it early for cheaper than when you really mess up the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment