Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Is oil change required in the first service of a car?

I have bought a Maruti 800 AC car last month and I have to give it for the first service before 16th May. My car has only run for 500 kms and in good conditions.





Do I need to get the oil and oil filter change at this stage or I can get it done in the second service i.e. before 5000km?





Please asnwer back asap as I am running short of time.


Regards,Is oil change required in the first service of a car?
In the run-in period, all the fresh surfaces wear


off any rough patches as they 'work-in'..


Some makers use a different oil to facilitate this.


It's a good idea to get that first oil/filter change,


especially if it's called for in the manual.Is oil change required in the first service of a car?
Make is irrelevant - if it's got an internal combustion engine parts are going to wear in for the first 500km, maybe longer. You just forked out a fair bit of coin to buy a brand-new car - don't try to be a cheap-**** now and have your engine pay the price. You can never change the oil too much. Report Abuse

Your owners manual should say. But I believe in the European method. Most Europeans do an oil change between the first 500 and 1000 miles. The first oil has all the crude, shavings, and other chemicals from when the engine was built. It is never to early to remove them from the system.
get them both changed I have been racing and building cars for about 6 years and the one thing I know is frequent oil changes help allot especisally the first change.
It will say what needs to be done in the owner's manual. Stay away from synthetic motor oil the first few changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment