Saturday, December 26, 2009

Oil Service Company Blew Up My Engine - Went for an oil change and they didn't fill up my oil?

As such on the drive home my engine froze up. I called them, and they looked at the video and they infact did not fill up the oil. Now they want to put a used engine out of totaled vehicle in my car rather than rebuilding mine, putting a rebuilt motor in, or a new engine in. Their argument is that the engine they are taking from the totaled vehicle has less miles than my current engine. I don't want some random used engine put in my SUV. What are they liable for????Oil Service Company Blew Up My Engine - Went for an oil change and they didn't fill up my oil?
I would get a few estimates for the cost of the repair and take that to them. You do not have to use them or anyone they choose to have your vehicle repaired. If they decline to pay to have it repaired, I would take them to small claims court. This will be an easy case for you to prevail. Sorry to read about your problem and good luck to you.Oil Service Company Blew Up My Engine - Went for an oil change and they didn't fill up my oil?
i suppose if you complain enough you could get them to put in a dealer engine, but as long as they will stand behind the work i don't see any thing wrong with a used motor, if it has less miles.
Mileage is just a number. You don't have any idea how the previous owner of the junkyard engine treated the vehicle. The motor could be great, or it could be a boat anchor. It is a gamble.





I would be raising all sorts of hell just because of what I said above. You may be able to get the cost of the junkyard motor, and apply that money toward a factory replacement, or to have another core rebuilt for your vehicle with the difference in price being paid out of your pocket. Never ever would I get some random unknown condition engine from a junkyard to be placed in my truck that I depend on because some jackass can't do their job correctly.
I have been in this situation at Pep boys and jiffy lube.I recommend you do the following,


but first they are liable for rent-a-car, and to cover whatever warranty the car still has on the engine, and a good running engine. it doesnt have to be new, but it does have to be equal and no lower i value than or miles than your car had.


Call the BAR(Bureau of Automotive Repair) and get them involved, you will get what you need and more


sorry to hear this, quick lube shops make me angry.


By the way, it wasnt me that did this to someone, but where I worked it happened.


Get a rent a car, you are entitled for the inconveience, and call the BAR


hope it gets handled for you


Michael
well to be honest if the shop doesn't even remember to refill the engine with new oil then would you trust them on rebuilding your old engine? think about that, if your getting a used engine with less miles on it then that means its most likely in better condition than the engine you have in there now before the oil change so you wouldn't lose anything since you wouldn't be paying for it, only thing is that you don't know how the person/people drove the SUV that the used engine was in so make sure they check the engine out and look at it, tell them to take the valve covers off to look at the valve train and to take the heads off to check out the pistons and cylinder walls





also you don't really deserve a brand new engine, sorry to say but you just don't, if you got in a wreck and your SUV got totaled would you expect the insurance company to buy you a brand spanking new SUV? no they won't, they'll just give you the money that the SUV is CURRENTLY worth
  • hidden myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment