Saturday, December 26, 2009

Will a non-BMW service center be able to reset my BMW's oil change monitor?

My BMW has a monitor which tells me that an oil change is due. If I get a oil change at a non-BMW service center, will they be able to reset this monitor.Will a non-BMW service center be able to reset my BMW's oil change monitor?
You can google your make and year of Beemer and you will get step by step procedures on how to reset the reminder light on your dash for your self.It usually is just a matter of putting your key in the ignition turning half ways and pushing or holding down one of your trip meter buttons or turnig key back and forth in series or all at once.All cars are different but mostly it's the same concept.Will a non-BMW service center be able to reset my BMW's oil change monitor?
They should be able to reset it. If the car is older than 5 or 6 years old, they will need an oil reset indicator that plugs into a receptacle under the hood to reset the indicator. If the car is newer they can reset it using the mileage trip indicator inside of the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment