Friday, December 18, 2009

How can I reset the Service Engine light and the oil life indicator in my Honda Ridgeline?

I do enough oil changes for my business and constantly learning how to reset vehicles. With the Ridgeline, do the following.





Turn the key to position II (Key on Engine off)





Press the select button until the engine oil life indicator or the service message displays.





Press the reset button for about 10 seconds.





Select the appropriate answer. Maint. Reset Y or N) by pressing the select button over and over Y or N is displayed on the outside temperature display.





Select the maint. Reset %26gt;Y and press and hold the reset button again to reset the engine oil life to 100%. You should see ';Oil Life 100%'; the next time you turn the key to position II.





I hope that helps.How can I reset the Service Engine light and the oil life indicator in my Honda Ridgeline?
I have an Acura TSX --- Honda / Acura same cars...





You need to have it checked by the dealership Auto Body or the local Body Shop you use.... They have to do it b/c your car is kinda telling you that it needs to be check for any problems and its routinly.





I hope this helped.How can I reset the Service Engine light and the oil life indicator in my Honda Ridgeline?
Usually the service engine light indicates that one of the sensor is dirty or defected.





Let me make a guess: try cleaning the air flow sensor located before the throttle body. After cleaning it, reset by unplugging the battery connectors and see it the service lights go off.





Good luck
Probably requires you to have a scantool (handheld diagnostic device for ecu's) to reset the ecu.





Might be able to get a mechanic to do it for zip.
I don't think these people relalise that you truck is new. I know how to do it for CRV's but ours may be different. Go to http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Do_I鈥?/a>


I can look up in my programs to give you a step by step on reseting your oil life and help on the service engine light.
There is a little square button that is located right below the steering wheel. It should be mounted right behind the big plasic piece that covers that whole area. (I'm not taking about the plasic piece that covers the steering wheel. I'm talking about the plasic piece that sits below the steering wheel and covers the lower part of the dash.) It is kind of hard to miss since it is pretty small and tucked away. I suggest you get a flash light and look right under that plasic piece. You should find it.





Just put your key in the ignition and turn it one notch...and then press and hold the button down for a second. If that doesn't work then turn the key two notches and try it again. They service engine light should go off.





Usually that light indicates that you need to change you oil or that you need to do the regular tune up. (I noticed mine went on after it hit a curtain mileage.)





Now if it was a check engine light...then that means one of your sensors has gone bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment